16PF Adolescent Personality Questionnaire
One of the most difficult job’s that teenagers have is figuring out who they are and who they want to be. Developing confidence and positive self-esteem is a tough road for today’s teenagers to travel.
How can you and I help the teenagers we care about to navigate this stage of life successfully?
It is my mission to support parents and empower teenagers to be healthy and happy. This is why I am excited to start offering the 16PF Adolescent Personality Questionnaire in my practice. (The PF stands for personality features).
It is a simple web-based test that has been specifically developed for adolescents and backed by more than 60 years of research science. The 16PF test can provide excellent information on your teen’s personality style, problem solving abilities, work activity preferences and also their ability to deal with life difficulties.
The Benefits of the 16PF:
- Give a picture of the richness and complexity of his unique personality
- Help identify areas of potential academic, emotional, and social problems
- Highlight important strengths & weaknesses
- Bring clarity and focus to current or future psychotherapy
The test is taken online and is set up in a multiple choice format. The questions are actually quite fun and interesting. The test takes around 30 to 60 minutes to complete.
The questions focus on four main areas:
- Personal Style – normal personality items
- Problem Solving – a short measure of general reasoning ability
- Work Activity Preferences – measures six career-interest variables
- Life’s Difficulties – optional questions concerning matters of sex, aggression, significant low mood, low sense of self, etc.
The test generates a very helpful and detailed assessment report. Part of the report will be emailed to you and the other portion will be shared in a follow up session in my office.
The report includes:
- Scores and explanations of the most important personality characteristics
- Information on preferred work styles and possible career choices
- Personal notes on the results and feedback about your teen’s personality
I am offering the 16PF to all of my current and former clients for only $60.
For current clients we will simply use a scheduled session to discuss the test results and how to best use the information. For former clients we will need to schedule one session to go over the results.
If you are interested in the 16PF for your teenage son simply send me an email or give me a call. I would be happy to answer your questions and get the process started!
** Disclaimer – the 16PF does not take the place of a psychological evaluation from a Licensed Psychologist or a psycho-educational report done by a credentialed school psychologist.